Still Going (Complete: 73%)
09/10/15 at 19:45 EST
Been doing a little bit of work lately, and a lot these past couple hours.
For the past few days I've been developing a little photo gallery for a friend of mine; while it's more or less complete I don't feel content linking to it yet, as the images for the gallery haven't been completely compiled/formatted/uploaded. That has had me occupied since Monday.
But more recently, I decided to attempt an RSS feed. It was a hell of a lot easier to figure out than I had expected; once I found the "hello world" of XML pages for RSS use, it was at best ten minutes before I had it all finished. It has since been added to the Navigation Bar.
Speaking of which, that ol' navbar's been growing and growing to the point where it just no longer fits on many screens, including my PSP - in fact, it hasn't fit on my PSP since I added a visual element to it. To compensate for that, the navbar can now be adjusted to either stay fixed (default behaviour) or to remain at the top of the page, so you can scroll past it, so that browsers/systems that are not vertical-pixel-gifted may still utilize it to its full extent. Once I did that, I came to the realization that a restructure of the layout was in order. Once that was done, I came to the conclusion that my code is starting to get ugly - I have tested it on Firefox and on my PSP, but have no idea how it functions on any other browser/embedded platform. I'll get an iPhone/touch user to take it for a spin to see if it works there, and maybe I'll just download another browser or two and test it out there while I'm living on my brother's futon.
I seem to be having some success with my time management lately vis a vis my recent bundle of portable RPGs. Yet I fear the worst; I may try to score 100% completion in KH:DS's Challenges after all.
Tagged under: site
4 comment(s) | Leave a comment